- Last Active
- No Roles
- Windows Version
- Windows 10 64-bit (64.0 GB RAM - Intel Xeon W-2133 CPU @ 3.60GHz)
- Global Mapper Version
You can smooth the contours after they have been generated.
- Select them with the Digitizer Tool
- Right-click > Move/Reshape Feature(s) > Resample/Split Selected Features(s) at Specified Spacing
- Choose Sample Features at Fixed Distance Interval
- Enter the Spacing Distance e.g. 5 or 10 meters
- With the contours still selected Right-click > Move/Reshape Feature(s) > Smooth
By the way if you want to clip the SRTM to your boundary you can select the boundary be fore you select the online data source and choose the option at the bottom to Download Within the Currently Selected Polygon(s).
You can add 3D distance attributes to selected lines using Analysis/Measurement > Calculate Elevation/Slope Stats for Selected Feature(s) and choosing NO - Sample Terrain Along Path to get the 3D distance data from your terrain . Once added you can use the Feature Info Tool to get 3D distances or view the data via the Attribute Editor.