bmg_bob · Global Mapper Programmer
- Last Active
- No Roles
- Invited by
The format for the slope attribute can not be changed by the user at this time, nor can the slope percent be split out into a separate attribute by the Calculate Elev/Slope Statistics function. I have added feature request #22986 so we can evaluate adding additional formatting options in a future release of Global Mapper. We will post a message on this thread when the status of the request changes.
In the meantime, you can use the Attribute Calculator to split the slope percent into a separate attribute.
- Use the Digitizer to select the features you want to modify
- Right-click and choose Attribute Style Functions | Calculate/Copy Attributes for Feature Selection. The Attribute Calculation Setup dialog will be displayed.
- Use SLOPE_PCT (or another name of your choosing) for the new attribute to be added
- Select the Use Formula Calculation option
- In the formula field, paste clip(search(SLOPE,"\d*.\d*%"), "", "%"). (The formula searches the string for a number followed by a percent sign, then clips off the percent sign. See Global Mapper help for more information.)
- Click the Calculate button
You will need to use the LOAD_FLAGS parameter. LOAD_FLAGS contains flags for any import options that you were prompted for when loading the file, such as if you have a .tif file that you were prompted to select as elevation or raster. To see how to set these if you are writing a script, load a file with the settings that you want in the main user interface and then save a workspace. Open the workspace file in a text editor and examine the IMPORT command for that file and see how the LOAD_FLAGS were set.
Hello,If you don't get a response here, you should try sending a formal support request via the Help->Send Support Request... menu in Global Mapper, or by sending and e-mail containing a description of your workflow and the error message, along with sample data, if possible, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (firstname.lastname@example.org). Either of these methods will ensure that the support team sees the problem and that you get a timely response.