bmg_bob · Global Mapper Programmer
- Last Active
- No Roles
- Invited by
What version of Global Mapper are you using?
Here is something that might help in Global Mapper 20.1:
- Double-click on your layer in the Control Center. This will bring up the Vector Options window.
- Click the Labels tab
- Under "Attribute Label Format Options", remove the check-mark next to "Automatically Format Numeric Attribute Values"
- Click OK
To export one layer, right-click on the layer in the Control Center and choose Layers | EXPORT - Export Layer(s) to New File...
To export one zoom level, on the KML/KMZ Options window, remove the check next to "Automatically Grid Export of Large Data Sets...(etc.)"
To get transparency, specify the PNG format (as you already know) in combination with these other options.
The easiest way to get a good IMPORT command is to have Global Mapper do it for you as follows:
- Load your data into Global Mapper
- Use the Elevation Options | Alter Elevation Values tab to set the Maximum Valid Elevation and Minimum Valid Elevation
- Save a workspace
- Open the workspace file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Copy the IMPORT command (you will likely also want the DEFINE_PROJ ... END_DEFINE_PROJ lines also so you will have the correct projection information) to your script file.