bmg_bob · Global Mapper Programmer
- Last Active
- No Roles
- Invited by
While I was looking at your problem, I determined that once you click on the Control Center, the arrow keys start being handled by the Control Center. Clicking on the main view should cause the keys to act on the main view again, but this is not happening. You can restore the state where the keys will scroll the main view by clicking on another application, then clicking back on Global Mapper. Not a great workaround, but will at least let you use the arrow keys as you expect until this bug gets fixed.
I have opened Item #20168 in our task list. We will post a message on this thread when the status of this item changes.
First, I suggest updating to the latest version of Global Mapper 17 so you can see if this is a problem that has already been fixed. If the problem persists, you should contact Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It appears that there is a bug in the documentation. The correct names for the tree spread parameters are LIDAR_TREE_MAX_SPREAD and LIDAR_TREE_MIN_SPREAD.
The format for the slope attribute can not be changed by the user at this time, nor can the slope percent be split out into a separate attribute by the Calculate Elev/Slope Statistics function. I have added feature request #22986 so we can evaluate adding additional formatting options in a future release of Global Mapper. We will post a message on this thread when the status of the request changes.
In the meantime, you can use the Attribute Calculator to split the slope percent into a separate attribute.
- Use the Digitizer to select the features you want to modify
- Right-click and choose Attribute Style Functions | Calculate/Copy Attributes for Feature Selection. The Attribute Calculation Setup dialog will be displayed.
- Use SLOPE_PCT (or another name of your choosing) for the new attribute to be added
- Select the Use Formula Calculation option
- In the formula field, paste clip(search(SLOPE,"\d*.\d*%"), "", "%"). (The formula searches the string for a number followed by a percent sign, then clips off the percent sign. See Global Mapper help for more information.)
- Click the Calculate button
I think the output from the GENERATE_REPORT command is correct. The "B-Vermont" line shows zero points and 322 lines. You said that the Vermont features are all lines, so this makes sense. The "E-Map Points" line shows 641 points and zero lines, which also makes sense. What are you seeing that is incorrect?
For future reference, if you want post lines from a script on the forum, try using the "Code" formatter. Select the text, then click the paragraph symbol at the top of the area for editing your post, and choose Code from the menu. Here is a sample line from your script:
EDIT_VECTOR FILENAME="Vermont Trails" COMPARE_STR="<Feature Type>=*" ATTR_VAL="<Mileage>=B-Vermont"