Global Mapper v25.0

SOSI Raster Support

global_mapper
global_mapper Administrator
edited July 2009 in Raster Data
Can someone post or email to support@globalmapper.com a sample raster file with .SOS for referencing for testing? I seem to have deleted the last one. I do think I've got the SOSI-based raster positioning done, I just need to test it.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Mapper Support
support@globalmapper.com

Comments

• STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    E-mail sent
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the file, I have completed adding support for positioning via .SOS files (just load the image file and the .SOS file will be used if present). I have placed a new build with this change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mcb9060
    mcb9060 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Great, thanks Mike! I have just tried out and seems to work fine. Adding a tool of being able to convert a SOSI raster coordinate file to a World file and vice versa would be great...especially batch conversions. Thank you for the incredibly fast turn around of sorting these issues out. Probably this bit of the thread should be in the raster section.

Thanks

Mark
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited July 2009
    Thread moved to raster data forum.
  • mcb9060
    mcb9060 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Hi, just wondered if the support for raster files with SOSI header files is still there in the new v11 Beta 2? I try and load jpg files with only SOSI headers and it dosn't recognise the header file.

Thanks

Mark
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2009
    Mark,

That should still be there. If you can provide the JPG and accompanying SOSI file I can take a look.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com