Global Mapper v25.0

maplib format

Gussie
Gussie Global Mapper User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
I just wonder if there is any plans for supporting the maplib format (MapLib.net - Make your custom Google Maps out of any pictures)? Especially an export function to that file format would be nice. :)

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2009
    It looks like the MapLib stuff is primarily for putting your own stuff on Google Maps, correct? If so, you can already do that using Global Mapper with the File->Export Web Formats->Export Google Maps Tiles menu command.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Gussie
    edited June 2009
    I'm not very familiar with the format, but i am trying to make maps for a friend that uses a program called GpsTools (Franson GpsTools). The main format here seems to be maplib (under "news" on the website it claims to read GeoTiff, but it don't seem so). I tried Mscape (Mscape) to make MapLib, but that program can't open tiff. I had to convert it to jpg and then type coordinats for 4 (3) corners. It would have been much easier if I just could load at GeoTiff file in GM and then save it as a MapLib file.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2009
    Are you certain that the MapLib referred by by GpsTools is the same one used on MapLib.net? From what I gathered on the GpsTools site is that they have some kind of map library called MapLib, which may be completely different from the MapLib.net web site.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Gussie
    edited June 2009
    As mentioned earlier I am not very familiar with the format. The link in the first post may be just confusing (I used Google to find the site).