Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper v10 Daily Updates Thread

global_mapper
global_mapper Administrator
edited April 2009 in Announcement and News
Based on user suggestion, I am creating a thread where I will try and remember to keep users up to date on the latest daily build of Global Mapper 10 where I often add new features and bug fixes between official releases. This can often happen several times a day, but I will almost certainly forget to update this from time-to-time, so feel free to post your own update notifications here if I update you and forget to do so myself.

The latest v10 build will always be at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip and will contain all changes made to date. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Mapper Support
support@globalmapper.com

Comments

• global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    And for the first update I have made the preview window on the feature edit dialog for points and the create strike-and-dip dialog display the portion of the map under the point location so that you can see exactly how the symbol will look on the map when you create it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    For the first update of the day, when you export State Plane projections to PRJ files you will now get the name of the State Plane zone and datum as the projection description at the beginning of the PRJ file rather than the name of the underlying projection used by the zone.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build now contains support for loading compressed GXF files.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build corrects the orientation of the new strike-and-dip points. Apparently the dip direction is supposed to be 90 degrees clockwise from the strike direction and not counter-clockwise.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    I have added new options when setting up your feature labeling based on attributes on the Options dialog for a layer to now include options for the feature type, description, and current label.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build now supports loading QCT (Quick Chart) format files.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build adds a new option to the Search->Search by Attributes dialog to allow searching on a value in any attribute, rather than just a single selected attribute. It also contains real-time display of your cursor coordinate information on the path profile dialog.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build adds a new feature to the Digitizer/Edit tool allowing you to select points, then right click and assign attributes to those points based on the topmost area feature with attributes that the point is contained in.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build includes real-time readout of cursor information on the 3D path profile dialog and also allows you to define a sub-path within the path profile and get information about it. Just left click to start a sub-path and then left-click again to finish. A real-time readout of the sub-path info will be on the bottom of the path profile.
  • global_mapper
    edited February 2009
    The latest build not includes updates to the path profile behavior to now show a real-time highlight of the location on the main map display as you move your cursor around on a 3D path profile display.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    • Updated KMZ vector exports to copy any files referenced by "link" attributes to the output file.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    Latest build includes support for exporting new UKOOA P1/90 format files under the File->Export Vector menu.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    • Added option to split selected line features into separate line features for each segment under the Advanced Feature Creation sub-menu in the Digitizer Tool.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    • Added new option to the right-click menu in the Measure Tool allowing you to set the bearing format to either degrees (the previous display format) or the two-directional format used in surveying.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    I have completed adding a 'Search and Replace' option to the Search menu. In addition to normal search-and-replace, if you use a single '*' character in the replace string you can use that to keep the original text and prepend and/or append data, like using 'Prefix*Suffix'.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2009
    I have completed adding support for displaying bearings in mils and also displaying them relative to True North or Magnetic North. Both options are in the right-click menu in the Measure Tool.
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2009
    I have completed adding a new option to the view shed generation to generate coverage in hidden rather than visible areas.
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2009
    Added an option to the package export to combine all of the compatible vector layers into a single layer in the resulting package file.