Global Mapper v25.0

Increase value of colorscale

m.white
m.white Global Mapper User
edited January 2009 in Elevation Data
We use .GRD files to create geotiffs, and have predefined colorbars that work.
The problem that has occurerd is we have a .GRD file that has a scale range of 300,000 - ~800,000. What we are looking at trying to do is extend the scale range to 3,000,000 even though the file has not point in that range. What this will do is expand the colorbar making certain colors cover a wider range.

So, instead of say purple covering 300,000 to 400,000; it will cover 300,000 to 600,000.

Thanks.

Comments

• m.white
    m.white Global Mapper User
    edited January 2009
    Well I seemed to have found a solution which will work.
    I took our colorbar, took out the top colors we did not want, this stretched it a bit. Then I altered the values until it created what looked to be about right.

Note: This is nothing wrong with Global Mapper, but just the function we were looking to with it which I believe is the limitation of the .GRD file.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2009
    Another option would be to create a custom shader with the exact ranges and colors than you want, or you can adjust the reported elevation range for a layer by opening the Control Center, selecting the layer, press Options, then adjusting the maximum elevation value on the Adjust Elevations tab.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com