Global Mapper v25.0

Rectify vector position

rbr
rbr Global Mapper User
edited March 2010 in Vector Data
Hi,

I opened 7 dxf files with globalmapper. They are in the correct position but I need to assign a coordinate system. I opened the overlay control center and I selected all the layers. Then I chose the rectify command and I generated the control points. But they have been assigned only to one layer. How can I assign the same control points to all the layers (files) with one single operation?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    You can currently only provide control points for a single layer at a time, so whichever one that you right-clicked on is the one that is modified. What I would suggest is entering your control points once, then use the File menu on the rectification dialog to save your control points to a GCP file, then repeat the rectification for each other DXF file and just load the control points from the previously saved GCP file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbr
    rbr Global Mapper User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks,

Best regards.
  • falqn
    falqn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    What I would suggest is entering your control points once, then use the File menu on the rectification dialog to save your control points to a GCP file, then repeat the rectification for each other DXF file and just load the control points from the previously saved GCP file.

Hi,
    It's not working under my GM (v11.02). I have DXF files (from CorelDraw) and even THE SAME file (I'm changing the filename) can not be properly rectified using previously saved GCP file. Is something wrong with my files?

Best regards
    Wojtek, Poland
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Wojtek,

How are you doing the rectification?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • falqn
    falqn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    Wojtek,

How are you doing the rectification?

Hmm, normally...
    For example, I have a rectangle shape in my GM workspace, I'm loading and rectifying a trapezium shape DXF file and I'm saving GCP points. And then I'm loading the same trapezium file (I'm changing the filename). Then I'm trying to rectify this second file, I'm loading GCPs and push "apply" and... sometimes is OK, but in most cases loaded GCP's are somewhere far away... I'm do not know what is wrong. What things has to be THE SAME to do multiple rectification using one GCP file?
    Best regards
    Wojtek, Poland
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Wojtek,

Is the projection set to the same in the rectification dialog each time that you do the rectification and the coordinates in the Shapefile that you are rectifying haven't been changed? When rectifying vector data if the input file coordinates have changed then the same GCPs wouldn't work. Likewise if the rectification projection was different then the end result would be located somewhere else on earth.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com