Global Mapper v25.0

cgpsmapper questions

gpsguido
gpsguido Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2008 in Vector Data
First thank you for your help so far, still have some questions.
  1. I have a shp file with is 158 mb big and has about 1.000.000 segments in it.
    opening takes a while but works oke. Before I used mapedit, therefore there is a colum with the name CGPS. Rename this to MP_TYPE seems not to work, the is to much data in the file.
  2. In the manual there is some info over Automatically Inserting Vertices at Line Intersections , What I want is insert connections at endpoints.
    when i get vertices at line intersections then with bridge you would have a problem. Is there a automated way.
  3. Also for cgpsmapper it is neccesary to open all end vertices at the border of the map, this way you can route from tile to tile.
  4. is there a way to merge the polylines that are shorter then 5,4 meters. this should only be done when the name and routing attribute are the same

Thanks for your help already.

guido

Comments

• gpsguido
    gpsguido Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2008
    1. with a hex editor I managed to rename the CGPS to MP_TYPE

Let's hope the export is working oké
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    Guido,

What do you mean when you say you want to "insert connections at endpoints"? If two lines meet at their endpoints already then the connection is implicit, you don't need to do anything else to add a connection. The option to insert vertices (and optional split) at the intersections of intersecting lines allows you to make connections at end points/vertices if your data set is not already set up this way. As you stated this is not desirable in the case of bridges and other roads that cross but do not intersect at grade.

There is not any way to automatically merge lines shorter than a particular distance.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • gpsguido
    gpsguido Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2008
    until now I used mapedit to generated the routing data in my files. The problem is the snap also when 2 lines cross.
    that is not what I want I only want to snap at the end of lines.

2596683937_b053209846.jpg

It is snapped in between.

2597516720_17c8fe2d3f.jpg

But it shouldn't snap there.

I have data without the node's and road id.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2008
    When doing the intersection finding Global Mapper doesn't move any features or vertices, it just inserts new vertices and possibly splits lines at the intersections. I think what you want to use is the tool to find nearby line endpoints that don't connect so that you can manually evaluate whether they should be joined and then join them use the Digitizer Tool. See Global Mapper - User's Manual for more information on this tool.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com