Global Mapper v25.0

Load Workspace Error

Roger Edrinn
Roger Edrinn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited November 2007 in Bug Report
WARNING: No command found to process in script file.

Why did I get this error?
Can I recover?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2007
    If you can post the script file that you are trying to run I can take a look and see why you are getting that error.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2007
    Its a .gmw file 42KB and your forum software says "Invalid File"

I'll attach it to an email.
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited November 2007
    I will add it to the allowed files list. Sorry. Try again.
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited November 2007
    I also increased the maximum size to 16MB for all attachments. This should help a little too. If any user knows of any extension that they would like added to the allowed list, please let me know. Obviously, the default extensions aren't enough for this type of message board.
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    Roger,

Did Global Mapper create the file that you sent me? The file is entirely filled with zeroes and does not contain any data at all.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2007
    Yes, Indeed.

One possibility. I was shutting down, I closed GM9, no warning. The file was being saved to my NAS, I turned the NAS off very soon after closing GM9. Perhaps their's a WinXP file write delay?

I'm using the laptop so its batteries hold it up until XP closes, but not the NAS.

Roger
  • global_mapper
    edited November 2007
    That could be it. If XP had not actually flushed its write buffers to your NAS, then the data might not have been written there before you shut it off.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • No command found to process in script file.  Can I recover my file ?
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    What is in your file?  It is just a text file, so it can be easily displayed. 
  • It contains data that I didn’t exported them yet because i m facing this error : no command found to process in script file .
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    If you look inside the script file (use NOTEPAD or other text editor) and it does not contain text, then your file may have been overwritten by another file.  You will need to have a backup copy available in order to recover your file. 

However, if you used a word processor program like WORD to work on your file, you may be able to open the script file with that program.  If you see your script file content, then you can save the file in TEXT file format. 

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    No command found to process in script file.  Can I recover my file ?
    Hello,

I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  Please include a detailed description of your work flow, the error message you got, and a copy of the file you are trying to load. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob