Global Mapper v25.0

Inverse between points

DougCarter
DougCarter Global Mapper User
edited October 2008 in Technical Support
Hello How can I inverse between two points and then read the distance to two decimal ponts and read in Bearing to the seconds (Deg Min Sec) I also need to snap to the point.
thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2008
    You can use the Measure Tool to measure the distance and bearing between two load point features.
  • DougCarter
    edited October 2008
    I understand the measuring tool But the inverse I get on the bottom of the page is to the nearest feet and only to the tenth of degree. Not good enough for survey work?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    How long is the distance between the 2 points? You should only get rounded to the nearest foot for pretty long distances.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DougCarter
    edited October 2008
    Typically the distances are on or two miles when doing survey work but the bearing is the biggest problem it only calculates to the nearest one tenth of a degree?
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    Would display to the nearest hundreth of a degree work for you? That could easily be changed.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DougCarter
    edited October 2008
    Hi MIke Unfortunately in the Survey world Degrees Minutes and seconds are still used. Inversing between points and the righting legal (easements), doing section breakdowns would be a breeze if you could solve the problem of the bearing format. This is one of the reasons Surveyors have not taken to GIS programs? Thanks for trying to help me.:)
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the additional information. I have modified the bearing display in Global Mapper to be based on the Position Display Format selection on the General tab of the Configuration dialog. So if you have that set to DMS, your bearings should show up that way as well. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com