Global Mapper v25.0

v24 Beta b081022 projection function bug

I choose 'Set View/Export Projection to Selected Layer Projection' . but the projection of the view doesn't change.

Comments

• bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User

I just tried this and it works for me. What is the native projection of your selected layer and what is the current display projection on the Projection tab of the Configuration dialog?

Thanks,

Mike

Global Mapper Guru

• Hi mike

The projection of the workspace (configuration dialog projection tab) defaults to wgs84. I load a UTM data. Under normal circumstances. the configuration dialog projection tab will automatically become the same projection as the loaded data (automatically become UTM). but There is no automatic change in the Projection tab of the configuration dialog in v24 beta.

• bmg_mike

Ah so your issue is more the projection assignment at file load versus the Control Center 'Set View/Export Projection to Selected Layer Projection' option not working?

When you load the first layer, its native projection will be used as the display projection unless you had already set a projection or a default projection was specified.

I'm guessing what is happening is that you have selected the Digitizer Tool before load. The Digitizer Tool requires some projection to be set, so it will assign lat/lon/WGS84 (EPSG 4326) if no projection is set already. So when you load your first file, there is already a projection set, so it doesn't change until you explicitly change it.

Thanks,

Mike

Global Mapper Guru

• I didn't use Digitizer Tool . I just loaded my shp data directly (same for raster image data). modified the projection of the shp file ( or raster image data). then right clicked and used 'Set View/Export Projection to Selected Layer Projection' . Finally. there is no change in the projection tab of the configure dialog. and this problem has not been encountered in other lower versions.

• bmg_mike
    edited August 2022

Ah I see the issue. The projection is actually changing, the Configuration dialog just isn't updating the Projection tab when the projection is changed outside the dialog, so if you opened the Config dialog prior to loading the file, you wouldn't see the projection change on the dialog controls.

It looks like this bug has been there since v23.1. I will fix this.

Thanks,

Mike

Global Mapper Guru

• bmg_mike

This will be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks,

Mike

Global Mapper Guru