Global Mapper v25.0

Overlay Control Center - Reload

SHADDOW
SHADDOW Global Mapper User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hi there! new to the forum, but have been using GM for a few years now.....

sorry in advance if this has been mentioned before!

I use GM as a design tool with satellite imagery, maps, dems and Autocad files, alternating between GM and Acad frequently.
I was wondering if a 'Reload' could be incorporated for vector files within the Overlay Control Center

for example if you are constantly updating Autocad files and loading them into GM to view them on top of the imagery etc. you have to 'close overlay' and then 'open data files' and search for them each time.

It would be less hassle if you could just say right click that file within the control center and 'Reload' the latest version of that file.

Hope this makes sense

SHADDOW

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2011
    Thank you for the suggestion, that is something that is on our todo list. I will make it a high-priority item.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • SHADDOW
    edited April 2011
    Any news on this suggestion?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2011
    It's still on the todo list, but hasn't been worked on yet.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • SHADDOW
    edited April 2011
    I 've the same problems reloading. i dont speak english as well as you, but I'll try to explain.

La erotica sexshop online

hahaha I like your style............
  • BrianZ111
    BrianZ111 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Was anything like this ever implemented?  If so how do I do it and can it work with raster images as well?  I don't see anything for refresh or reload when right clicking in the overlay control center as of version 15.  Thanks.

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited February 2016
    BrianZ111 said:
    Was anything like this ever implemented?  If so how do I do it and can it work with raster images as well?  I don't see anything for refresh or reload when right clicking in the overlay control center as of version 15.  Thanks.

This has not been implemented as of Global Mapper 17.1.  I have added your name to the feature request.
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Mee too please!
    Mykle
  • bmg_bob
    Mykle said:
    Mee too please!
    Mykle
    Your Name has been added as well.  FYI...the feature request is #13935.
  • Hi all, 

Still not implemented? I'm using V.20 & didn't find how to refresh layers modified externally.

This is so helpful during map layout process using ArcMap (and Autocad as well), even without a refresh/reload/redraw button.  
  • bmg_bob
    Abdoosh said:
    Hi all, 

Still not implemented? I'm using V.20 & didn't find how to refresh layers modified externally.

This is so helpful during map layout process using ArcMap (and Autocad as well), even without a refresh/reload/redraw button.  
    Still not implemented. I have added your information to the feature request -- more user requests equals higher priority, so perhaps this will help get this feature moved up in the list.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • marky9074
    marky9074 Global Mapper User
    +1 for this. Using an externally created KMZ file to track vehicles and would like it to auto refresh at a predefined period.
  • yianni
    yianni Global Mapper User Trusted User

and another on the list please. this request is clocking 10+ now! :)