Global Mapper v25.0

Is there a tool that directly exports a .DWG map with coordinates to GEOTIFF?

Input: AutoCAD with coordinates
Output: GeoTIFF

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

After you load your DWG file into Global Mapper, you can export it as GeoTIFF. Is that what you are trying to do? If not, please provide more details.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,
    We have many *.DWG files and want to export to *.geotiff to open on webmap application. Im looking for a suitable software to include in my current data process. 
    The data type I want to use to export is  (to *geotiff). GeoTIFF image output is keep a style of file CAD.
    Thanks.
  • sphillips
    edited August 2021
    DWG files can look very different in Global Mapper compared the same file(s) opened in AutoCAD, especially if it has multiple layouts. If you are happy with your imported file then you can export it to GeoTIFF using Global Mapper.

If you need to preserve the exact appearance of the original Layout; as seen after plotting, then I would plot the files to PDF with AutoCAD or Civil3D first. Then import the PDF into Global Mapper, choosing Import PDF as raster image. You would need to georeference the image before exporting it to GeoTIFF.
  • Agree with sphillips above.  

sphillips - I can export georeferenced PDFs out of ArcPro & Global Mapper. I've never seen this as an option in Civil3D/AutoCad before, though. Have you? 
  • DerrickW said:
    Agree with sphillips above.  

sphillips - I can export georeferenced PDFs out of ArcPro & Global Mapper. I've never seen this as an option in Civil3D/AutoCad before, though. Have you? 
    I'm not aware of any PDF plotting methods that will embed the geospatial data sorry. I've tried DWG To PDF.pc3, AutoCAD PDF.pc3 and Adobe PDF.pc3.

Not related exactly but FYI you can export an embedded image or image that is an XREF as a geospatial image from Civil 3D if you have Raster Design installed.