Global Mapper v25.0

Certain .tif files import as elevation data automatically despite them being raster images. Help.

Some .tif files will always load into Global Mapper as elevation data. I don't have a choice to select how they get loaded in. I can open these .tif files with other software and they readily open as images. However, other .tif files of mine will either prompt me to select raster or elevation, or automatically Global Mapper recognizes they are raster. What can I do to import these .tifs as raster?

Answers

• I figured out that if you have a tif that has floating pixels and 32-bit depth, Global Mapper assumes it is elevation data. So you can used ENVI and export as a normalized tif at 8-bits, or I believe there is a gdal command. I think also you can export with QGIS to make a normalized tif. Anyways this solution works if anyone else had this problem.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) to address this issue. Please include a sample .tif file that causes this behavior. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob