Global Mapper v25.0

Coloring track depending speed

darrepac
darrepac Global Mapper User
Hello

I have tons of GPX track and I would like to color each track depending speed. How can I achieve that?

thx

Answers

946 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    One way could be this:

Is this what you are after?
    2.JPG 291.5K
    1.JPG 312.5K
  • darrepac
    Thanks for your input.
    They are several problem with your solution:
    - first of all I don't have the speed as a feature (GPX file, since version 1.1, doesn't contain speed, it has to be calculated trackpoint per trackpoint
    - second, if I had speed, it seems like each track would have 1 speed and so 1 color, while I would like to color each with varying color depending speed.

It would look like this for 1 track
    Conexiones WMS en CompeGPS - Foros de Montaa de Picos de Europa y  Cordillera Cantbrica
    946 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Ah, ok.
    You can do like this:

Define the style as a custom dot shape 
    4.JPG 422.2K
  • darrepac
    Problem, I don't have speed as an attribute...

• geomannie
    geomannie Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I have done this is the past. It was convoluted and as I remember it involved flipping the GPX into a projected coordinate system (metres X & Y) & exporting the locations. I them opened the GPX file into Excel, appended the X & Y's in metres & calculated velocity by using the time diference between the points and the distance travelled between the points.

I managed to make a series of points which I shaded by speed, exporting as a kmz file. I only did it once but if there was a need I would have improved the work flow. Maybe this gives you a clue to way ahead?
  • darrepac
    Well!! sounds like a heavy process while I have tons of GPX file.
    So seems it is not feasible straight so I will forget about it or use an other SIG
  • geomannie
    There must be a easier way, but if you have Excel you could maybe write a script?
  • Hi!
    Maybe so? The archive contains pictures.

• geomannie
    tikhpetr said:
    Hi!
    Maybe so? The archive contains pictures.

Hi, forgive me for being cautious, but I will not open a rar or zip file from a public forum. Do you have uncompressed?

Thanks
  • Set the correct sequence by screnshots numbers. And then they booted up at random.
  • geomannie
    Does not the GPX file you are using already have the calculated speed? The original question concerns when there is no speed data. How to calculate it.
  • Excuse me, here is the original. Don't be confused by the name. This is self-criticism. :)
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QG4p2CKdU-m9_Q
    For some reason, the forum does not load, I can only link.
  • Here is a screenshot of the track attribute table

• darrepac
    I am currently sick but I will take a look in your answer later on. Thanks
  • geomannie
    Hi tikhpetr,

My mistake! I see that the vertices do indeed have the speed.

Thanks for showing me,

Cheers
  • geomannie
    Trivia! Happy to help.