Global Mapper v25.0

unable to add any maps to the map catalog

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hi, I just registered 20.1 a couple of weeks ago, and I am unable to create a map catalog--I just get the "unable to add any maps to the map catalog" message when I try to add any layers.  My version is registered, and I chose export bounds to be all loaded data.  Doesn't matter wheter I try to add multiple layers with lots of vectors, or a test layer with just one point, I still get the same message.

I also use GM 18 when I want to work with a simpler search interface, and I can't make a map catalog with that either.  I didn't use to have this problem when I had v 20.

Thanks for any help...

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

I ran a quick test and was able to create a catalog. I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  Please include a detailed description of your workflow, and test data that can be used to reproduce the problem. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I just realized what the problem was--I was trying to create a catalog by right clicking on the layer and using Layer->Add to map catalog, instead of using the Create New Map Catalog command from the  File tab.

Thanks for the quick response...
  • JSL
    No, I'm still not getting it right. I'm trying to create a catalog from an existing GM file that I've saved in a folder, but when I run File->Create New Map Catalog and then point to the file, the Map Catalog dialog asks me what format the file should be in.  Why doesn't the map catalog recognize that the file I'm pointing to is a .gmw file? 

Also, are you supposed to be able to right click on any layer in the Overlay Control Center and add it to an existing map catalog?  I still can't do that.

Thanks for any help.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

You can't add files to a map catalog from a Global Mapper Workspace file (.gmw). You will need to load the workspace, then select the layers in the Control Center, right-click and choose Layer | MAP CATALOG Add Selected Layer(s) to Map Catalog...  Global Mapper will ask you for a map catalog file and add the selected layers to that catalog (or create a new one, if you choose).

Cheers,
    Bob
  • JSL
    Still doesn't work.  I'll contact support.  Thanks anyway..