Global Mapper v25.0

Have links to all the standard 3rd party spatial data sources for Version 15 just been disabled?

fluvial
fluvial Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Have links to all the standard 3rd party spatial data sources for Version 15 just been disabled? Is there a way to reactivate them, or is that designed to get me to purchase the latest version of Global Mapper? 

Answers

• samknight
    samknight BMG Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hello Fluvial, we are currently doing some maintenance on the source list for the current version, cleaning up non-functional services, adding new types of services, etc. Unfortunately some of that work has affected compatibility with versions prior to 16.  We are presently evaluating whether a workaround will be possible.  In the interim, you should still be able to add in any compatible remote service using the "Add New Source..." button.  Any sources added locally will remain in place regardless of future access to the online list.
    Best Regards,
    Sam Knight
    Director of Product Management
    Blue Marble Geographics
  • BrianZ111
    BrianZ111 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Answer ✓
    samknight said:
    In the interim, you should still be able to add in any compatible remote service using the "Add New Source..." button.  Any sources added locally will remain in place regardless of future access to the online list.
    Anyone have a list of compatible remote services?  I'm looking for something like the "World Imagery" service that was previously available in Global Mapper v15 by default as this was a very convenient way to get satellite imagery.
  • fluvial
    fluvial Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I have been searching for World Imagery URL and the one I have found does not work. So I too need this link. 
  • Vinod
    Answer ✓
    Where can we get the URL addresses for the world imageries??
  • BrianZ111
    BrianZ111 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Answer ✓
    Noticed today that this is working again in v15.  Just wanted to say thanks for fixing it, it's much appreciated!  Simplifies things a lot when trying to figure out what LAS file I need to download based on an index shapefile.