Global Mapper v25.0

Viewshed script is running without errors but not producing any viewshed.

Hello,

I have put together a script to run a viewshed analysis. It runs without any error and produces a viewshed layer in the Control Centre. However, it only contains 1 feature which is not visible. For reference, other similarly sized viewsheds I've done have about 20,000 features. Any idea what has gone wrong?

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"

GENERATE_VIEWSHED LAYER_DESC="VS_M1_60m" XMIT_POS="527144046775734,181668.557975359" XMIT_HEIGHT="90 m" XMIT_HEIGHT_ABOVE_SEA_LEVEL=YES RECEIVER_ELEV_TYPE="EXPLICIT_HEIGHT" RECEIVER_HEIGHT="1.7 m" RECEIVER_HEIGHT_ABOVE_SEA_LEVEL="NO" RADIUS="3 km" CREATE_COVERAGE_AREAS="YES" USE_VECTOR_HEIGHTS="YES" VECTOR_HEIGHTS_ABOVE_SEA_LEVEL="YES"

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

Have you tried running a viewshed analysis with the same parameters and data in the UI?  If you do that and are still having problems, I suggest that you contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). Please include your script and the associated data so the support team can attempt to reproduce your result and determine the cause. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Hi Bob,

Yes, when I run the viewshed analysis manually, it works perfectly.