Global Mapper v25.0

Join File Error - Row Height

Deanna
Deanna Global Mapper User
I am trying to load a table to append attributes to some line segments.   When I select the join file from the Join Options dialogue box I get the following error message: "Data rows are not uniform size. This file may not be a valid attribute file. See log file for details."  I have made height of each record row uniform in the table and have tried to load both .txt and .csv versions of it to no avail.  Any suggestions?  Also, where can I view the log file?

Deanna 

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

The message means that all of the rows in the join file do not have the same number of columns. 

The log file location can be found on the Configuration dialog | General | Advanced tab under Logging. You can view the log in any text editor, such as Notepad.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Deanna
    Thanks Bob!

GM was identifying an extra attribute that didn't actually exist in the join file.  No amount of deleting got rid of it so I eventually just added an extra attribute field and populated the column with n/a for all records.  Seemed to do the trick!

Cheers,
    Deanna
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Deanna said:
    GM was identifying an extra attribute that didn't actually exist in the join file.  No amount of deleting got rid of it so I eventually just added an extra attribute field and populated the column with n/a for all records.  Seemed to do the trick!
    That sounds like a bug to me. Can you post a copy of the problematic join file?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Deanna

This is the error log for that file:

[1/17/2019 11:03:30 AM] Attribute Editor, JOIN File error in row 2: ERROR: Data rows are not uniform size. This file may not be a valid attribute file. See log file for details.
    [1/17/2019 11:03:30 AM] Row contains 11 attribute values, expected 10