Global Mapper v25.0

Transferring licenses between computers

Tyler
Tyler Global Mapper User
edited February 2012 in Technical Support
Does anyone know how I transfer licenses between computers?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2010
    Simply uninstall from your current computer, then install and activate on the other computer with your license key. Nothing else is required.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Tyler
    Tyler Global Mapper User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Mike
  • b29
    b29 Global Mapper User
    edited February 2012
    What can I do if the computer that GM was installed on is destroyed?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited February 2012
    The same instructions as above apply. If you lost your license key email gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com and they can provide you with your key.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • If you are using Global Mapper v13.2 or later, you must release the license from one machine before installing on a new machine. 

In the Help menu choose Release/Remove license. Your machine must be connected to the internet to do this automatically.

Once the license has been released you may license a new machine using your order number. 

You can find more information in our Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/support/FAQ_License_Install.php#move_license
  • Hello I´m new here. I have an problem with removing my Global Mapper v13.2 license from my old machine. The button "release license" is grey and without function. Did anybody had this issue and can help me?
    Thanks Michel

• Hello,

should I put this comment into a different threat or does anybody have an idea to solve my issue?

Thanks again Michel
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2018
    Michel, another post in this thread included the instructions to email gmorders@bluemarblegeo.com with your problem.  Suggest that you do the same.

• Hello Mykle,

thank you for your answer. I wrote an email to the address you suggested. Bevor I postet here in this threat I wrote an email to the bluemarblegeo support with my Issue and gave them my License Codes. They are saying that they are no longer supporting Global Mapper vers.13.2 and suggested me to buy the new version 19. They also said that there are unable to get me a new license code without the removal code. So now im stucked in this sad situation. I need Global Mapper 13.2 only for few working steps and I´m fine with the 13.2 version and can´t use it anymore.

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Michel,
    Looking at my receipts for past versions (upgrades after purchasing version 5), it looks like v13 was the last version that used the Global Mapper Inc registration keys.  Later versions use the Blue Marble system.  So the removal code system would not be relevant.  You would need to have your "paperwork" from the v13 purchase or the v12 to v13 update, and it will contain your registration key.  That said, if you have a "release version" button, your case would appear to be more complex. 

If you have a v13 setup executable, and you have a v13 registration key, it may work on your new computer (there may be separate complications from 64-bit code).  If you had a 32-bit computer and setup exe, I would expect problems installing on a 64-bit computer. 

If you are installing the current v19 program, then your v13 key won't be useful.  That may be where your "release version" button is appearing. 

Otherwise, if purchasing the current version isn't worth while to you, you will be looking for another GIS program.  QGIS may be worth a look.  It has been around for a long time, although the windows interface is relatively new.  It is built upon the GRASS system of integrated tools with roots in a command-line LINUX environment.  Other readers may have their own preferences and experiences to share. 

• hello sir i did not get license pls give me via mail
    my windows version 10, need of register code for globalmapper v18.2.0
    email:anantharaman1136@gmail.com
    pls anyone help me
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    ananthu said:
    hello sir i did not get license pls give me via mail
    my windows version 10, need of register code for globalmapper v18.2.0
    email:anantharaman1136@gmail.com
    pls anyone help me
    Hello,

Please contact Blue Marble Geographics Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) to address this issue.  Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • I am getting issue to transfer the license between computers. What should i do to resolve this issue? I install Avast antivirus and also try on avast customer service for the help purpose but did not get any response.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

This forum is for Global Mapper from Blue Marble Geographics. We can't help you with Avast antivirus. If you are having a problem with Global Mapper licensing, please contact Blue Marble Support directly via email (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob