Global Mapper v25.0

Exporting 2 files together in a script

I would like to take two lidar files and export them together into one file using a script. The manual way to do it is File -> Export -> Export Vector/Lidar Format

Is there a way to repeat this process in a script to avoid doing it manually?
Tagged:

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Files loaded and visible should ALL export with one command.  Are you seeing different behavior?

An alternative that should not be needed is to combine lidar files into one layer, then export the new layer. 

What version of Global Mapper are you using?

• Mykle, 

I am using Global Mapper 19

To explain better in more detail my end goal with the script:

I need to unclassify all points within a lake polygon. Here is what i have done so far:

Script 1:

Unclassify all points found within the lake polygon

Script 2:

take all points within the lake polygon and delete them.

Script 3 (where i am stuck):

combine the files generated in script 1 and script 2 into one final file. 

If there is an easier way to accomplish this task, I would gladly do it. However, this is the only way i could figure out how to get this task done. Would you know the best approach to do this with GM scripting?
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I am far from being a LIDAR expert ....

However, it looks like script 1 is selecting all points within the lake polygon.  In addition to unclassifying these points, you should be able to edit them to move them to a new or a different layer. 

Now you can hide your original layer, and unhide (if it is hidden) the layer containing the moved points.  Then you can export them. 

Whether or not you delete the layer containing the lake p[oints is up to you.  You have the points in two different layers so you might have some use for each layer.