Global Mapper v25.0

Draped aerial - exporting

Hi,
I'm looking to export a draped aerial image (ecw) to another 3D format, FBX if possible?
So I have the elevation grid and aerial all working fine in GM, with the 3D view showing exactly what I'm after but when I export to FBX the texture does not include the aerial, only the "Blend Mode" associated to the Elevation Grid.
Is there a way to create a texture from the aerial?
GM is doing everything I want it to, so I'm hoping there is a simple thing I'm missing to make this work.....

Thanks in advance,

Ando
v18.2 (b052417) [64-bit] - REGISTERED

Answers

• GeorgeP
    GeorgeP Global Mapper User
    I have the same question.  Looking to export a draped aerial over to FBX or other 3D model format.

Thanks,

-George
  • Ho did you imported aerial image properly to GM?
  • JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    Hi folks,

We do have a feature request  (#23533) logged for this task. Currently that's scheduled for the GM 20.0 release, though that may change, but I think that better handling of mesh and mesh-like object in GM is getting more emphasis, and rightly so. I've made a note to report back here when it's been implemented.

Thanks, and best regards,

~Jeff
  • Thanks Jeff, appreciate that.

mbfg80 - I had the image imported as an ecw, but also tried it in other geo-referenced and non-referenced formats like jpg, png, tiff.  I was getting the same result.
  • Not sure if this helps you guys, but see my post in this thread - https://www.globalmapperforum.com/discussion/comment/49869/#Comment_49869