Global Mapper v25.0

MbTiles

Francki
Francki Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Hello,
i generated a mbtiles from global mapper but it doesn't work in GeoOdk android app. I gave the following error message on my webphone : lenght=3; index=3
What's the problem ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    I use mbtiles maps that were created by Global Mapper by using the Orux Maps application on my Android phone.  I have installed the GeoOdk Collect application and followed the website instructions to copy a map for use by the app.  When loading the map in the app I see a lengthy error message. 

I suspect that GeoOdk is preferring to use maps created by TileMill, as described on the website instructions.  So I don't see any options for you at this time.
  • Francki
    Francki Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Indeed, GeoOdk doesn't like GM Mbtile's. It's a pity because GeoOdk is well known for land survey's. Furthermore, TileMill interface's is not user friendly, and it is not well maintained. 
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Francki said:
    Indeed, GeoOdk doesn't like GM Mbtile's. It's a pity because GeoOdk is well known for land survey's. Furthermore, TileMill interface's is not user friendly, and it is not well maintained. 
    Hello,

Have you been in touch with GeoOdk support?  They might be able to determine what aspect of the MBTiles tile set is causing the problem, and how it can be corrected.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Francki
    Francki Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Finaly, i have mixed between GM and TileMill in order to obtain something readable on a webphone. Thank you for your answer