Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper Mobile For Android - Beta on Google Play

2»

Comments

• PShorey
    PShorey Global Mapper Developer Moderator, Trusted User
    keeyen said:
    Dear Team
    Thank for your attention. I'm using a Samsung J1 ACE as a test device. I select this model because it has GPS function and very affordable price. Since this is a test platform, I do not install any other apps except those pre installed. I also not install a SIM card. While testing the unit, it function well displaying vector map and position. Even my UAV raster map also no issue. But when I am using the template function ( learn from your Webinar ), the apps always crash while I input field data. When it crash, sometime it can not  load data when I re launch the apps and I have to restart the phone and all data lost. I think an auto save function may worth consider.  I understand that the apps is still under beta, just to report my issue. Thanks

I was not able to get the app to crash while using the template function. It may be helpful for us to test with your data. If possible, please email your package file to mobilehelp@bluemarblegeo.com and describe your exact workflow and the version of Global Mapper Mobile you are using.

Also, the app may have recorded some information about the error condition. If you have email configured on your device, please go to the main menu, tap the information button on lower right, and select "Email Error Log".

• keeyen
    keeyen Global Mapper User
    Dear Team

Can I know the minimum hardware requirement for this apps. I try it with Samsung J1 ACE, although it can run but always " Not Respond " It also take may be 20 to 30 seconds to load the default world map. On the other hand, My Samsung Note 5 seems fine and only " Not Respond " a few times. I am looking at the possibility to utilize this apps for our staff to collect data from field and the numbers of staff is about 200. Obviously I can't afford to give each and every one of them a Note 5 : )
    Thanks
  • Hi!

I downloaded the android beta, and was wondering:

- Do you plan to add a trace mode for drawing? I wanted to use the app for geological mapping with the Samsung S-Pen (sort of a wacom digitizer) and this option would be a great feature.

-Also, is it possible to reduce the time between the finger tap and the feature appearing on GM? If I try to digitize a polyline it takes from one to two seconds for the vertex to appear after y tap on the screen.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 tablet

Thank you so much for your time
  • PShorey

PanoloNB,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have opened an enhancement request for digitizer trace mode. We are working on optimizing the render speed.
  • Hi,

The GPS keeps working after exiting GMM, is it supposed to be that way?. The location icon only disappears when I force close the app from android menu.
  • PShorey
    PaoloNB said:
    Hi,

The GPS keeps working after exiting GMM, is it supposed to be that way?. The location icon only disappears when I force close the app from android menu.

This was done so that accurate location data would be available immediately once the app is brought to the foreground. We are considering adding some options that would give the user more control over how the location services are used. Disabling while the app is in the background, and not recording track data, is among these.

• Hi!

Quick suggestion:

Would you consider removing the double tap for accepting feature creation? Every time I draw something, I end up prematurely creating features because GMM considers I'm double tapping on the screen. I think it would be better to leave the ok button option only.

Thanks
  • PShorey said:
    PaoloNB said:
    Hi,

This was done so that accurate location data would be available immediately once the app is brought to the foreground. We are considering adding some options that would give the user more control over how the location services are used. Disabling while the app is in the background, and not recording track data, is among these.

Maybe adding an exit button to differentiate sending to background from exiting the app would be possible?

Thanks
  • Hi! I have a Galaxy tab A 2016 with android 7.0 when I open the map i can't save the changes points Lines polygons. When the project is saved as an error. Thanks if you want halp me. I'm sorry for my english 
  • PShorey

Matteo,

It is difficult to say what the problem might be without more details. If you are adding features to the built-in default map, you will not be able to save those changes. For licensing reasons, the default map is read-only. If you are having problems saving modifications to a map you created and installed on the device yourself, please contact Blue Marble Geographics Support via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) and provide as many details regarding the error message and your workflow as possible.

• PShorey said:

Matteo,

It is difficult to say what the problem might be without more details. If you are adding features to the built-in default map, you will not be able to save those changes. For licensing reasons, the default map is read-only. If you are having problems saving modifications to a map you created and installed on the device yourself, please contact Blue Marble Geographics Support via e-mail (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com) and provide as many details regarding the error message and your workflow as possible.

thanks for the quick response.
    I've sent global errors from the button sending app errors.
    I attach the script, that is generated by adding the photo to the geometric file. if it is
    added from the gallery it does not save the image to the folder and by error.
    another error is not saving the project save it is only possible to send it via mail and
    this works thanks a lot for the help

OS: Android (7.0 - API 24), Device: samsung SM-T585, GMM Version: 1.0.0.32
    20/09/2017 22:44:41 - EXCEPTION - OS: Android, GMM Version: 1.0.0.32,
     File: GlobalMapperPackage.cs, Member:
     Export, Line: 1458, Msg:
     System.UnauthorizedAccessException:
     Access to the path "/storage/6333-3632/Cartografia/pippo/pippo.gmmp" is denied.
     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode,
     System.IO.
    FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize,
     System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options)
    [0x0027b] in <c352bb63ae2f43dfa663de147acde5ad>:0
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode,
     System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize,
     System.Boolean isAsync, System.Boolean anonymous) [0x00000]
    in <c352bb63ae2f43dfa663de147acde5ad>:0
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor
    (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode,
    System.IO.FileAccess access) [0x00000]
    in <c352bb63ae2f43dfa663de147acde5ad>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
    System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess)
    at GlobalMapperMobile.Droid.BufferedFileAndroid.Open (System.String aFilename)
     [0x00006] in <00478203306e4ead9d538033973cf9f3>:0
    at GlobalMapperMobile.Core.GlobalMapperPackage.Export
    (System.String aExportFilename, System.String aCurrentFilename,
    GlobalMapperMobile.Core.OverlayList aOverlayList,
    GlobalMapperMobile.Core.Rectangle2Dd aExportBounds,
    GlobalMapperMobile.Core.FeatureTemplateMap aFeatureTemplateMap)
    [0x003b0] in <a950c7b9a7b0432a8ce3e5acc0eef607>:0

• htuser
    htuser Global Mapper User Trusted User
    No news about exporting from GMM Pro to spatial database such as PostGIS?
    Please let me know,