Global Mapper v25.0

GM_LoadOnlineLayer with vector (WFS) data

BurroWrangler
BurroWrangler Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Is nobody from Blue Marble/Global Mapper monitoring/responding to questions on this forum anymore (Mike Childs??)?  I will try the "Ask a Question" option.  The support used to be so good (5 years ago).

Hi,

I'm trying to download WFS vector data using GM_LoadOnlineLayer without prompting the user for a filename.  I have a filename I want to pass into the GM_LoadOnlineLayer function but there does not appear to be a method for doing this.  For example, I have the following WFS server that I've defined in a user_online_sources.xml file for my application:

<source type="WFS">
  <name>Base_Flood_Elevations</name>
  <group_list>
    <group>FEMA Vector Data</group>
  </group_list>
  <ServiceName>WFS</ServiceName>
  <LayerNameStyleList>
  </LayerNameStyleList>
  <WFSFeatureTypeId>public_NFHL:Base_Flood_Elevations</WFSFeatureTypeId>
  <MaxZoomMetersPerPixel>0.00</MaxZoomMetersPerPixel>
</source>

Then I call GM_LoadOnlineLayer using the following code:

GM_Rectangle_t olRect;
  olRect.mMaxX = -78.521561621681016;
  olRect.mMaxY = 35.779925110918278;
  olRect.mMinX = -78.558683394541518;
  olRect.mMinY = 35.761644674699923;
  GM_LayerHandle_t32 handle;
  GM_Error_t32 err = 
    GM_LoadOnlineLayer("Base_Flood_Elevations", &olRect, &handle, NULL);

This function does not bring up the dialog to select the online data I want to download (this is what I want), but it does bring up a dialog to define a filename for the downloaded vector .gml file (I do not want this).  Is there any way to pass GM_LoadOnlineLayer a vector filename and have it save this vector file instead of prompting for a filename?  Or is there some other workaround so the save file dialog does not come up when this function is called?  I am able to export the vector file to my desired filename later using GM_ExportVector, but I would like to export the file to the desired filename when GM_LoadOnlineLayer is called or at least save the file to a specified location and then export the file later.  Any ideas how I can avoid bringing up the save file dialog when GM_LoadOnlineLayer is called?

Thanks,

Chris

Tagged:

Answers

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Chris,
    Support is still pretty good.  Sometimes Blue Marble will respond, sometimes other users can respond. 

The bottom line on support these days is:
    "I recommend that you send an e-mail describing your workflow and the results, with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide you with a timely response.  Thank you."
  • BurroWrangler
    BurroWrangler Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Mykle,

Thanks for the information.  It seems like it would be more efficient just to answer questions on the forum (though I do admit that some of the questions are bogus, but the same problem could happen with email).  That way anybody with the same question could find the answer by just doing a google search.  If anybody from Blue Marble Geo reads this email, maybe this post will nudge you toward answering on the forum more.  That being said, I sent them an email and if I hear back from them I'll post the response here so anybody can get an answer.

Chris
  • BurroWrangler
    BurroWrangler Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Here is the response I got from Blue Marble about this issue:

Hello Chris,
    There is not currently an option for specifying the file destination.  It is a feature that we should be able to add. We will look into adding that feature. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Thank you
  • Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Thanks for posting their response, Chris.