Global Mapper v25.0

INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES on EXPORT_RASTER \ TYPE="GEOTIFF" results white blank image

Terry Furqan
Terry Furqan Global Mapper User
Hi all

i have a problem with scripting.
i wanted to have a batch import both raster file overlain by vector files, and then export it in raster which contains both raster and  vector information.
here is the code i use

GLOBAL_MAPPER_SCRIPT VERSION="1.00"

IMPORT FILENAME="E:\2x4 - Thesis\11x18 - Bikin laporan November dan PIV Surface\15a\potong\2 - Gambar PROJ\P001.jpg"

DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE NAME="LINE_STYLE" TYPE="LINE"
LayerStyle=2
Type=1
AttrName=ELEVATION
InterpolateNumeric=1
AttrVal=0.05
AttrLineStyle=4294967202,0,0.0
AttrFont=~0~534799372~0.000~0~0~16777215
AttrVal=0.3
AttrLineStyle=16728226,0,0.0
AttrVal=0.7
AttrLineStyle=4294901922,0,0.0
AttrVal=0.9
AttrLineStyle=4278190242,0,0.0
END_DEFINE_LAYER_STYLE

IMPORT FILENAME="E:\2x4 - Thesis\11x18 - Bikin laporan November dan PIV Surface\15a\potong\7 - XYZ only Contour\P001.shp" TYPE="SHAPEFILE" ELEV_UNITS="METERS" LABEL_FIELD_FORCE_OVERWRITE="YES" LABEL_FIELD_SEP="0x20"  LABEL_FIELD="NAME" ELEV_FIELD="ELEVATION" CODE_PAGE="0" LINE_STYLE_NAME="LINE_STYLE" 

EXPORT_RASTER \ 
FILENAME="E:\2x4 - Thesis\11x18 - Bikin laporan November dan PIV Surface\15a\potong\10 - output\P001.TIF" \ 
TYPE="GEOTIFF"\
INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES\
FORCE_SQUARE_PIXELS=YES\
SAMPLING_METHOD=DEFAULT\
PALETTE=OPTIMIZED\
COMPRESSION=JPEG\
TILE_SIZE=64\

well i expect to have the image on the left (i got this when i using normal means of exporting, but that's not the idea), but instead i got the blank white image.
this happen when i add: INC_VECTOR_DATA=YES\
but when i remove this line i got the image without vector

Is there something wrong with my script?

Thank You 
Terry

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,

I ran your script with some of my data. My exported GeoTIFF contains all of the expected data when I import it back into Global Mapper.  Did you import your GeoTIFF back into Global Mapper?  

I notice that your blank image came from importing your image into Word.  I got a message indicating that Word could not load the image -- I suspect it might be too big.

What version of Global Mapper are you using?

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Terry Furqan
    Hi Bob thank you for the reply. 
    I use global mapper 18, and yes I previewed it on picture viewer.
    But I think the size is not the problem, the size of the output is about 500 KB.

update:
    just now,  i try it on the older version of GM 15, it works perfectly...
    Thank you very much Bob

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    But I think the size is not the problem, the size of the output is about 500 KB.

update:

When you say that it works perfectly, does that mean that you can see the file in Picture Viewer?

I recommend that you get the latest release of Global Mapper to see if the problem has already been fixed. If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail script and the results, along with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Terry Furqan
    bmg_bob said:

update:

When you say that it works perfectly, does that mean that you can see the file in Picture Viewer?

I recommend that you get the latest release of Global Mapper to see if the problem has already been fixed. If the problem persists in the latest release, then your best bet is to send an e-mail script and the results, along with a copy of your sample data, to Blue Marble Geographics support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com). This will ensure that the support team sees the problem and can provide a timely response. Thank you.

Cheers,
    Bob
    Yes. the output is previewed in Picture Viewer. i intended to arrange it in some manner within corel draw.

i'll make sure to try the latest release. i guess there might be some difference between the older one with the newer one, since the output is different. 

Much Appreciated
    Terry Furqan