Global Mapper v25.0

Screen Pick Lidar Profile Width

txrpls
txrpls Global Mapper UserTrusted User
As I find myself using this tool frequently, the ability to pick the width of the profile by using screen picks instead of having to go through the right click dialog would be a great time saver. Maybe shift right click and then pick the width?

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

It sounds like you want shift+right-click to Display the Path Profile Settings window so you can set the information for the Elevation Corridor (Type and Max. Distance from Path) instead of using right-click, then choose Path Profile Settings... from the menu.  Is this correct?

Cheers,

Bob
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob,
    No that is not correct. I want to be able to make screen picks to set the corridor width without having to use the Path Profile settings much like making two pick in autocad to set an offset width while using the offset command.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • bmg_bob
    txrpls said:
    No that is not correct. I want to be able to make screen picks to set the corridor width without having to use the Path Profile settings much like making two pick in autocad to set an offset width while using the offset command.

Can you explain in detail how that process is done?  I am not familiar with the AutoCAD offset command, and I will need more information to submit a Global Mapper feature request.

Cheers,

Bob
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi Bob,

Visualize a stock pile with a conveyor over the top of the pile. I want to remove the conveyor. I use the profile/path tool to edit the point cloud and remove the conveyor. I would like to use some form of a key/pick combination to pick on each side of the conveyor and have that passed as this profile width without having to type it into the dialog box.

-Mark
  • bmg_bob
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for the additional details.  We have an open feature request (#14075) for this functionality, and I have added your information to that request.  We will post a message to this thread when the status of the feature request changes.

Cheers,

Bob