Global Mapper v25.0

SET_OPT

Hello, i have a huge issue with SET_OPT command. I want to set the configuration of area unit from sqKM to be sq meters 

Thia what i put in my script
SET_OPT AREA_UNITS="Square Meters"

And it always give me error warning unknown parameter "SET_OPT" and warning unknown parameter "AREA UNITS". It also happen in distance unit command too.

Please help me
Tagged:

Comments

• Btw i am using gm17
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello,

The fact that you are seeing a message that SET_OPT is an unknown parameter suggests that the line before your SET_OPT might end in a "\<new line>", which tells Global Mapper that the command is continued on the next line.  As a result, Global Mapper thinks that your SET_OPT is a parameter in the previous command, not a separate command.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Hello bob, thanks for the answer.
    Can you give me example how to do this command and 2nd question i want to add measurement attribute to file AREA_CUT in sq M 
    So i wrote a script like this

ADD_MEASURE_ATTRS FILENAME=AREA_CUT AREA_UNITS="SQUARE METERS" and still give me error exactly like in that situation.

Is there any mistake in my script writing or else?

Thanks bob
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Hello bob, thanks for the answer.
    Can you give me example how to do this command and 2nd question i want to add measurement attribute to file AREA_CUT in sq M 
    So i wrote a script like this

ADD_MEASURE_ATTRS FILENAME=AREA_CUT AREA_UNITS="SQUARE METERS" and still give me error exactly like in that situation.

Is there any mistake in my script writing or else?

Thanks bob
    Here is an example:
    SET_OPT AREA_UNITS="Square Meters"
    ADD_MEASURE_ATTRS FILENAME="AREA_CUT" AREA_UNITS="SQUARE METERS"
    Note that the value of the FILENAME parameter must be either the name that you see in the Control Center, or the full path and file name used to import the file.

If you are still having trouble, please attach your entire script file (you will have to change the extension to .txt instead of .gms to be able to upload it to the forum.)  It is difficult to determine what might be going wrong by looking at one line at a time.

Cheers,

Bob