Global Mapper v25.0

Error when viewing LiDAR in 3D along with Area Feature

Swoody
Swoody Global Mapper UserTrusted User
I have a LAS LiDAR file loaded. I can view it in 3D just fine. Any time I add an area feature (in 2D mode) then attempt to view both the Lidar and the area feature together in 3D, I get the following error: "Error rendering scene: Read access violation at data address 0x00000000000898.program address 0x00000000140Any suggestions?1A10f3.  Very frustrating!  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    Hi Swoody,

What version of Global Mapper are you using? I was able to load some Lidar data and then create area features, and view everything together in 3D (and then add more area features while the 3D viewer was operating).

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Swoody
    Swoody Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi JeffH,

I am using the March 7 Daily Build (v 17.1).  To be sure it wasn't my workspace that was corrupt, I also tried it in a fresh workspace - same issue
  • JeffH@BMG
    Hi Swoody,

I haven't been able to replicate the problem, and generally speaking, internal to the 3D viewer, Lidar rendering is independent of rendering for normal vector features, so I'm not getting any intuition about where the problem might lie. Is the Lidar file particularly large? Can you provide it to us? If so, then it's possible that I could replicate the problem on my end.

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Swoody
    Hi Jeff,

Thank you!  Yes, I am happy to send you my file - just say where!
  • Swoody
    Interesting -  opened my file to ready for sending. Now it works fine in 3D. I did update my daily build yesterday, maybe that has something to do with it?  This kind of random weirdness seems to happen a lot, so very hard to find patterns. aargh!
  • Swoody
    I tried this a million different ways the other day. The only thing that has changed is the daily build
  • JeffH@BMG
    Answer ✓
    Ok, that's a bit odd. I don't see anything obvious that was changed that might have fixed that problem. But at least it appears to be fixed now. 

Cheers,

~Jeff