Global Mapper v25.0

Custom Scaled Vessel Shapes - GPS tracking

I am interested in creating a custom GPS shape in the place of the standard triangle that is displayed. I have successfully modified the shape in GM17 to include the many options available in the symbols library. 

Two questions:

Is it possible to create my own custom shape (a tub-boat for instance)?

Is it possible to scale the custom shape through the zoom range? For example, the tugboat is 80'x30' and I'd like to be able to display a scale representation of the vessel in real-time over the background imagery we have imported to GM. 

Any my help much obliged. 

Comments

• JeffH@BMG
    JeffH@BMG Global Mapper Developer Trusted User
    Hi Mike,

Nice idea!

Sadly, there's no way to do this in Global Mapper at the moment, so I've added a new feature request (#17251) for this feature. We'll post back here when this feature is added (subject to our normal internal feature prioritization process). 

Best regards,

~Jeff
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff! I appreciate the request for the new feature. Perhaps there is a mechanism for us to pay for a modification to be made by your programmers? We are happy to do so. I can be reached at mike@etracinc.com. Thanks in advance!
  • I also noticed that in the forum that in the SDK "vessel size" is being addressed to some extent. http://forum.globalmapperforum.com/discussion/comment/36044/#Comment_36044.

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff! I appreciate the request for the new feature. Perhaps there is a mechanism for us to pay for a modification to be made by your programmers? We are happy to do so. I can be reached at mike@etracinc.com. Thanks in advance!
    I let management know about this, so you should hear something from Kris Berglund (kb@bluemarblegeo.com) soon.
  • Mark Gale
    Mark Gale Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Has anything further come of this request? I am also interested in such a feature.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Mark Gale said:
    Has anything further come of this request? I am also interested in such a feature.
    Hello,

At the moment, this feature is not scheduled for implementation. I have added your information to the feature request. As a rule, more users requesting a feature equals higher priority, so we will see what happens.

Cheers,
    Bob
  • Mark Gale
    Mark Gale Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Thanks Bob.  This is pretty much what I was looking for in my earlier post:

https://www.globalmapperforum.com/discussion/12489/vessel-outlines-for-gps-input#latest