Global Mapper v25.0

GPS leap second of 15 s instead of 17s ?

JEFFC
JEFFC Global Mapper User
When I setup a GPS file with Gps setup in GM 16.2 , and when I save the track and look at the time in the vertices, I noted a difference of 2 seconds ahead compared with the direct transformation of the GPS time ( in week and sec ) in the same point.
Everything seems to be as you had 15s leap second ( program probably done before the 2012/7/01 ) instead of now 17 second ( since the 2015/07/01) .
Do I am right and did you change it ? Could I have a batch for that ?
regards

Tagged:

Answers

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Answer ✓
    I recommend that you send a description of your workflow (in particular, how you calculated the GPS time to determine that the gap exists) and results, and a copy of your data, to Blue Marble Geographics Support (geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com).  This will ensure that the support team knows about the problem, and will expedite a solution.  Thank you.
  • JEFFC
    JEFFC Global Mapper User
    Sorry Bob
    I was wrong . I was using two different sources of the same event. GM is not involved. 
    I check indeed now the exact same Gps Raw file (Nmea + Raw) , treated thru GM GPS setup and the other with Rtkplot ( RTKLIB) and I find exactly the same time (up to the second because I can't see the millisec in the vertice list in GM  ) , at the same located place.
    regards