Global Mapper v25.0

What's the quickest way to change the feature layer of multiple features Selected

craigdoll
craigdoll Global Mapper UserTrusted User
Greetings
Long time no see.
What's the quickest way to change the feature layer of multiple features Selected?
This is normally done by dbl clicking a selection which brings up the Modify Feature Info dialog
However this only seems to modify 1 feature at a time.
Is there a shortcut for bring up up the Modify Feature Info dialog?

Take Care
 Craig Dollimore
 Craig's Drafting Service
 using Global Mapper v13.2.1 64 Bit (16084-34)
 Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 Intel Core i7 Quad-core i7-950 3.06GHz Processor
 EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
also VectorWorks Designer 2011 SP5/Renderworks for 3d siteplans exported from GM
Tagged:

Comments

• craigdoll
    craigdoll Global Mapper User Trusted User
    This is somewhat related to my previous query.
    How do you set the Feature Layer that you add things on to your map?
    If I did that before hand, then I would not have to change the layer afterwards.

Take Care
     Craig Dollimore
     Craig's Drafting Service
     using Global Mapper v13.2.1 64 Bit (16084-34)
     Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
     Intel Core i7 Quad-core i7-950 3.06GHz Processor
     EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    also VectorWorks Designer 2011 SP5/Renderworks for 3d siteplans exported from GM

• Mykle
    Mykle Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Craig,
    When you add points/lines/areas you have a choice of layer that includes existing layers.  The default is something like "user defined features".  Objects that you want to start a new layer for, select "new feature layer" (probably something similar, I'm not on a computer with GM).  Then additional objects can be placed on your new layer.

It's similar for changing layers.  Right-click on your selection and choose the layer you want to change them to (same options as above).
    Mykle
  • craigdoll
    craigdoll Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Thanks Mykle, now I can change the feature layer of multiple features Selected, by right clicking the selection.
    Though I new how to  set the layer of something that I add, as you get the option right away to set it, however,
    If one creates new points from selected line, the points seem to go on the default "user defined features", and that what I was wondering about...how to set that layer in advance for those to be automatically created on...
    those new points created automatically is what I had to manually change layers for

Thanks
    Craig