Global Mapper v25.0

New Forums

StacyL
StacyL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
The new forums look great!

Comments

• PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    Thanks! :) Still a little work to do graphically but I'll get there. I think the ease of use and other community features will really bring some value to the GM community. Let me know if you see anything that needs addressed.
  • Geo
    Geo Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2015
    Hello Paul,

vBulletin to vanilla forums migration did not rewrite internal links in messages.

example in this discussion :
    http://www.globalmapperforum.com/forums/raster-data/3829-x-y-shift-multiple-images.html#post7451
    was not changed to
    http://forum.globalmapperforum.com/discussion/comment/7451/#Comment_7451
  • PaulTocknell
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for pointing that out @Geo. I will see about updating some of those comments.
  • PaulTocknell
    If you can @Geo please let me know when you come across those kind of issues and I will update the post.

Paul
  • Geo
    edited August 2015
    Hello Paul,

a lot of old forum internal links can be found here and here.

I wish you good luck for this quite huge task if done manually,
    Richard.
  • PaulTocknell
    @Geo - your right - that would have been a crazy task if done manually.  Fortunately, my old hosting provider and new hosting provider came through with some good htaccess rules.  All the old forum links should direct to the proper link here now.
  • Geo
    Good job.
    Thank you Paul.
  • bobwills
    bobwills Global Mapper User Trusted User

What on earth is the idea with the latest forum changes?
    I was happy going in to see when new posts have been made and seeing items with new entries in BOLD and these were always at the top of the list. I would then use the "Mark all Viewed" button to "un-bold" everything I was not interested in until my next visit.

Now everything stays bold and I have to scan for little blue boxes - and these are not always at the top where I would expect to see the latest posts.

Do I need to make some kind of configuration change to get things back how I like them or is it just "tough".

Brian.