Global Mapper v25.0

When building a catalog from FGDB files an option to "apply to all"

Jake
Jake Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited February 2015 in Suggestion Box
I have approximately 100 FGDB files I am creating a catalog of. Currently I must select which feature classes to load for each file. So I must do this 100 times even if I want all the data. Can you add an option so that all features classes for all files are loaded?

Also, what would be the bees knees is the ability to load feature classes into a catalog based on a wildcard. Similar to what you have for the filename wildcard.

Thanks.

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited January 2015
    Hi Jake,

Do you have ArcGIS installed, or are you using the native Global Mapper file geodatabase importer?

I have added feature request #15103 to our task list so we can evaluate inclusion of this functionality in a future version of Global Mapper. We will post back to this thread when the status of that feature request changes.

Cheers,

Bob
  • Jake
    Jake Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    Bob, I don't understand the relevance of the first part of your question? As to the second part I am using Global Mapper which I presume uses the "file geodatabase importer" when building catalogs from FGDB files. The FGDB files are coming from an external source.

Some of our people have ESRI products as well. I personally don't.
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited January 2015
    Hi Jake,

Global Mapper can use two different methods for importing Esri file geodatabases. If you have ArcGIS installed, GM will use ArcGIS functionality to read the geodatabase. If you do not have ArcGIS installed, GM will use its own importer. I asked the question to determine which of the importers you are using. The feature request specifies that the new functionality be added for both.

Cheers,

Bob
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    edited January 2015
    If you are using the built-in GM load and not something via an Esri license, I have updated the import to remember the last selected feature classes and to automatically uncheck those you had unchecked before. There is also a 'Use for all' button that you can check when adding multiple files at once that allows you to just select what to load once. Anything you uncheck will not be loaded in the other files loaded at the same time.

I have placed new builds with the latest changes at the links below:

32-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper16.zip
    64-bit: http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/downloads/global-mapper/global_mapper16_64bit.zip

Simply download the .zip file for the build that you are using and extract over your existing installation files. The likely locations to extract to are as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlobalMapper16
    64-bit: C:\Program Files\GlobalMapper16_64bit

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • Jake
    Jake Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks Mike. Just to close this, most users will not have ArcGIS installed. I think your fix is exactly what we needed. Cheers.

PS: I was just swinging by to get V16.1.