Global Mapper v25.0

Removing custom descriptions

Hunter Geophysics
Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2014 in Technical Support
Hi there,

I have imported some point data from my total station into GM v15.2 via a DXF file.

Unfortunately, the total station puts the point code into what becomes a custom description line in Global Mapper.

I have attached a screenshot of the problem.

Normally, I would think unticking the custom description box in the screenshot would fix it. However, it does not, and my map legend has these weird codes from the total station rather than the actual point type.

Is there a way of removing this description?

Thanks in advance,

David

P.S. I'm also having the same issue with lines and areas from the same DXF. However, with lines and areas, I can split the layers based on description, and then re-combine the layers based on type in order to create a new layer without the custom descriptions. Unfortunately, the 'Crop/Combine/Split' menu doesn't appear when right-clicking on points, so I can't do it that way.

Snap 2014-12-05 at 19.23.05.png

Comments

• Hunter Geophysics
    Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, the issue has occurred with line features that I can't change either.

I have, though, manually dealt with the problem by creating new point and line features in the place of the original imported data. Thankfully, this isn't a particularly large dataset. :)

Thanks anyway.
  • Hunter Geophysics
    Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2014
    Um, the same issue has arisen with a different, larger dataset. Is there any way of fixing this, please?
  • bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited December 2014
    Hi David,

Can you upload a zip archive containing the smaller data set (i.e., the one from your first post) and associated workspace so we can take a look at what is happening? If the data is too large to attach here, please send an e-mail to geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com referencing this post, and we can provide FTP information, or a link to our Dropbox folder.

Cheers,

Bob