Global Mapper v25.0

Old School v12 LiDAR Elevation offset - Can it be done?

bbunch
bbunch Global Mapper User
edited December 2014 in Elevation Data
Hello all,

Unfortunately, my work only has a licensed v12 GM install. Currently pushing a business case through to get up to speed on the 16.

I have a query regarding native Lidar .las elevation offsets. Can it be done? It's a piece of cake in 16 but I am unsure if I can do it in 12. I don't want to go to grids or tins as I need the point data untouched for the civs to work with.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Comments

• stihl
    stihl Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know if it's possible in V12, the way I do it in v15 is by exporting a vector > Lidar LAS format. In the new window there's a button below where you can click on to enter specific offset parameters. And then I use the offset for the Z value (which is by default set to 0) to offset the entire pointcloud an x amount.
  • bbunch
    edited December 2014
    stihl wrote: »
    I don't know if it's possible in V12, the way I do it in v15 is by exporting a vector > Lidar LAS format. In the new window there's a button below where you can click on to enter specific offset parameters. And then I use the offset for the Z value (which is by default set to 0) to offset the entire pointcloud an x amount.

Thanks,

Yes, this is similar to the V16 version I have trialled. I hope someone knows about v12 :)
  • bbunch
    edited December 2014
    Seems I stumbled on how to do it in 12. I was loading mixed data types (las, xyz).

Until I get 16, looks like LAS to XYZ and back again with a vertical offset is the goer.

ascii_01_2014-12-11_114116.jpgascii_02_2014-12-11_114116.jpg