Global Mapper v25.0

print to image question

JSL
JSL Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2014 in Raster Data
Hi, I'm trying to get a high quality image of what's on the screen, but the export to raster takes a long time and the capture screen image doesn't give as good a quality image as the raster. I thought I found a workaround by using the "print to image" from the Print command, but the problem is that no matter what area I try to designate as the output, the final image conforms to whatever page size is setup in the printer, so I usually end up getting a lot more of the workspace in the image than I want, which causes some labels to not be printed because of the zoom-out. For example, I'm trying to capture this image:

jpg test.jp.jpg

but I end up with this because of the printer default setting:
fig 1a.png

In the second image, I've lost some of the line labels because of the zoom. As it stands, I can only get the print to image to work if I could find out exactly what the exported dimensions would be of the screenshot I want, but I can't really think how to do that without a lot of trial and error.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited September 2014
    Hi JSL,

By cropping the sample you provided upon export (Export Bounds - Draw a Box) and exporting to a PDF, with Landscape Orientation a higher DPI (I tested 1200) I got the attached PDF, which seems to include the extent of your screenshot example. The export took about a minute or less on my system.

Are you looking for a different raster format or orientation than the one in the attached sample (which is just a screenshot of the PDF)?

Regards,

Jasmine
  • JSL
    JSL Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, Jasmine, that worked beautifully--great workaround! Now I can go to the PDF, capture the portion of the image that I want, and import it either into my graphics or my my Word document.
  • Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited October 2014
    JSL wrote: »
    Thanks, Jasmine, that worked beautifully--great workaround! Now I can go to the PDF, capture the portion of the image that I want, and import it either into my graphics or my my Word document.

Glad to hear it!

Best,

Jasmine