Global Mapper v25.0

Use GPS for tracking in Global Mapper

dineshkumarj78
dineshkumarj78 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2009 in GPS Features
As a new user of Global Mapper, i have no idea of using GPS in Global Mapper environment,

Kindly let me know the procedure to connect the GPS for tracking and download the data from GPS. We are using Garmin GPS.

Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2008
    You just need to connect your GPS device using a serial or USB cable, then use the GPS->Setup menu in Global Mapper to setup your connection. Make sure your GPS device is on and tracking a GPS. Typically the auto-detect settings on the GPS Settings dialog will find your device once you choose the option to start tracking the GPS device.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • dineshkumarj78
    dineshkumarj78 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2008
    Thanks for your prompt response.
    I just want to know how to download the data in Global Mapper from GPS once the tracking is done through other softwares (For example, Fugawi).
  • global_mapper
    edited July 2008
    Most GPS tracking applications can save data to the GPX format, which you can directly load into Global Mapper.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • robichaudr
    robichaudr Global Mapper User
    edited April 2009
    Mike,
    We have been collecting hundreds of way points in Fugawi software to document and establish native canoe portage trails. what is the best way to transfer these way points into Global Mapper. To import them as text files would appear to require lots of manual alterations to get the co-ordinayes in the correct sequence.
    Any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Ron
  • global_mapper
    edited April 2009
    Ron,

I'm not too familiar with Fugawi. If it supports exporting its data to a format like GPX you can do that and then load the data into Global Mapper.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com