Global Mapper v25.0

TriangulationLib.dll problem on windows 8.1

dana5dana
dana5dana Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2014 in SDK
Hello ,

When trying to load .las or.csv files I get these errors:

GlobalMapperInterface
Unable to load D:\dev\EllingsonTileEstimate\EllingsonCPP\trunk\Debug\TriangulationLib.dll
OK

GlobalMapperInterface
Error loading C:\Users\daniela.serban\AppData\Roaming\EllingsonDrainage\ProjectsCache\7c3fd4f1-2a06-4146-8ef4-420c4c4551b1\CulpSurface.las
GenericASCIIOverlay.cpp - 3176
Version: v1.37
Build Time: Sep 14 2011 22:31:35
Use Ctrl+V to Paste Error
OK

When loading in windows 7 it worked perfectly loading the exact .las or .csv files.
What could be the problem?

Thank you,
Dana

Comments

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    edited September 2014
    Hi Dana,

Asking the obvious questions first...

Does TriangulationLib.dll exist in the directory specified in the error message? If it does, have you tried running a dependency checker on the TriangulationLib.dll to make sure that all of its required runtime DLLs exist?

Is your application also in the directory listed in the error message? If not, is that directory in the PATH environment variable?

Cheers,

Bob
  • dana5dana
    dana5dana Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    bmg_bob wrote: »
    Hi Dana,

Asking the obvious questions first...

Does TriangulationLib.dll exist in the directory specified in the error message? If it does, have you tried running a dependency checker on the TriangulationLib.dll to make sure that all of its required runtime DLLs exist?

Is your application also in the directory listed in the error message? If not, is that directory in the PATH environment variable?

Cheers,

Bob

Hello,
    The TriangulationLib.dll is in the directory, DependencyWalker showed me no problems with the dependencies. The thing is that on windows 7 it worked perfectly as it was so I imagine the PATH must be set because the other things were the same. I will try set the path to the folder and I will come back if still not working.

Thank you,
    Dana
  • bmg_mike
    bmg_mike Global Mapper Guru Moderator, Trusted User
    edited September 2014
    Dana,

You might also need to have some Visual C++ redistributables installed that TriangulationLib.dll depends on. The newer versions of the GM SDK don't use that DLL as it is built right in to the main DLL, so you might also consider upgrading to a newer SDK anyway as that one is quite old.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation