Global Mapper v25.0

Strike and dip data export missing Feature Layer name

Doe
Doe Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2014 in Technical Support
Mike,

Is there any way to include the Feature Layer name with a strike and dip csv export? When I select the dip data under the Control Center and go to options, I don't any attribute options tide to "Feature Layer".

Mike

Comments

• Jasmine_BMG
    Jasmine_BMG BMG Staff
    edited July 2014
    Hello Doe,

I can submit an enhancement request for your request to include the Feature Layer name in a strike and dp csv export. Can you clarify if you are looking for a sort of header with the Layer Name the Features come from, or would you like certain information from an attribute field to be included in the export?

Regards,

Jasmine
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2014
    The CSV export includes an option in the Attribute/Field Options setting to 'Add LAYER Column if Applicable'. If you check that you should get the feature layer name included as a column in the CSV export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    Mike,

I see the column called LAYER but it is only showing the Group name (Strike and Dip instead of the Feature Layer name.

Mike
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2014
    I've attached a .gmp file of some of the dip data as an example.

Mike
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2014
    Mike,

Ah I see, the dual-use of the term 'layer' as a the name of the layer in the Control Center vs. for the feature type internal to a file is causing the confusion. To get the layer name from the Control Center, first right-click on the layers in the Control Center and select the CALC ATTR command, then create a new attribute that is copied from the <Feature Layer Name> attribute. That will then export like any normal attribute.

I think I will update the CSV export dialog to be more clear as to what is meant by "LAYER".

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation