Global Mapper v25.0

LIDAR Editing

txrpls
txrpls Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2014 in Elevation Data
I'm trying to edit the LIDAR data after I generate contours to correct problem areas from vegetation. If I turn on the LAS layer I cannot see the contours without zooming in very closely. Is there a way to raise the contours above the LAS data?

Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• CassandraQ
    CassandraQ Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    The draw order of the layers can be changed using the up and down arrows on the right side of the Overlay Control Center. The layer at the bottom of the list will appear on top of the other layers in the map window. Try moving the Contour layer to the bottom of the list using the down arrow. Also, changing the styling of the contour lines may help with seeing the lines within the lidar points.

Thanks,
    Cassandra
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    CassandraQ wrote: »
    The draw order of the layers can be changed using the up and down arrows on the right side of the Overlay Control Center. The layer at the bottom of the list will appear on top of the other layers in the map window. Try moving the Contour layer to the bottom of the list using the down arrow. Also, changing the styling of the contour lines may help with seeing the lines within the lidar points.

Thanks,
    Cassandra

Cassandra,

I'm aware of how the layers work, but the contours and the lidar points apparently are on the same z level so you cannot see the contours unless zoomed way in on the workspace. Changing colors does not help either. I have attached a partial screen shot.

Thanks,
    Mark
  • CassandraQ
    CassandraQ Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    OK, Another option you can try is changing the Vector Layer Ordering in the Configuration Dialog Box. Under the Vector Display tab, select the option "Order Vector Features by Layer Order First." Please let me know if this option does not bring the contours to the top.

Thanks,
    Cassandra
  • txrpls
    txrpls Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2014
    Perfect! That solved it.