Global Mapper v25.0

Compound Search or Search within Search

Roger Edrinn
Roger Edrinn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited June 2008 in Suggestion Box
I'd very much like to be able to search within a search group. One level of search is just not enough for some of these complex databases.

If not today, maybe someday? ;);)

Thanks

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2008
    One of the items on the todo list for the v10 release is to add nested search capabilities.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited June 2008
    One of the items on the todo list for the v10 release is to add nested search capabilities.
    Does nested imply even more than one additional level of search?

So when will we see v10? You weren't planning on going rafting this summer, were you? The Arkansas in Salida is running ~3500 CFS currently. I can't imagine what the Mississippi is flowing.
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2008
    Nested would imply searching on your current search results, so you could theoretically drill down as many levels as you wanted.

I actually just went rafting on the Nolichucky River in NC/TN (which was low at about 400 cfs) and the Lower New River in WV (much better around 4000 cfs) last week. I'm hoping to head back to WV in September to raft the Upper and Lower Gauley rivers.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    edited June 2008
    Nested would imply searching on your current search results, so you could theoretically drill down as many levels as you wanted.
    Cool!!! Do you have a ETA on v10?
    I actually just went rafting on the Nolichucky River in NC/TN (which was low at about 400 cfs) and the Lower New River in WV (much better around 4000 cfs) last week. I'm hoping to head back to WV in September to raft the Upper and Lower Gauley rivers.
    How do eastern rivers differ from western rivers?
  • global_mapper
    edited June 2008
    I expect to release v10 around the end of August.

I think the main difference between the eastern and western rivers is that the eastern ones are warmer! Both rivers I was on had water temps of about 80 degrees. The Gauley river is typically ranked as one of the top 10 whitewater rivers in the world during Gauley season in September and October, when weekend dam releases make the rafting awesome with lots of class V whitewater.

I actually hadn't looked at the Arkansas River, but it looks like there is a great run under the Royal Gorge bridge. I will definitely add that to my list of rivers to raft.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    edited June 2008
    I expect to release v10 around the end of August.
    Much earlier than I was expecting.

I think the main difference between the eastern and western rivers is that the eastern ones are warmer! Both rivers I was on had water temps of about 80 degrees. The Gauley river is typically ranked as one of the top 10 whitewater rivers in the world during Gauley season in September and October, when weekend dam releases make the rafting awesome with lots of class V whitewater.
    80, that is warm, last I noticed, the Arkansas was at 58 . . . burr.