Global Mapper v25.0

Vector export - with varying metrics

gm_user1
gm_user1 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2013 in Bug Report
I draw a line over a DTM and then export to an XYZ file to get the height of each node of the line. It works fine.

But when I export the same feature in Surfer BLN format, the extracted height is automatically increased, seemingly by a consistent ratio of 3.28083... so I guess in this export, the pre-defined metric (ft) is used. Is it possible to disable that?

We are using V15 GM with the distance or elevation unit set as meter in the Configuration.

Thanks.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2013
    You can define the default elevation export units on the Vertical Options tab of the Configuration dialog. Also make sure that the native elevation units for the terrain layer are set correctly on the Alter Elevation Values tab of the Options dialog for the DTM layer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com
    Blue Marble Geographics for Coordinate Conversion, Image Reprojection and Vector Translation
  • gm_user1
    gm_user1 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, Mike. It is solved with the exact specification in the Vertical Options tab of the Configuration dialog.

But just wonder why for the similar export procedure (the first export to XYZ format and the second to Surfer BLN format), different elevation units are auto used.