Global Mapper v25.0

BUFFER_DIST strange behaviour (GM v15.0.6 b102613 [64-bit])

RobertR
RobertR GlobalMapper Fan!Trusted User
edited February 2014 in GM Script Language
Hello all,
I am working on a project and I tried to create some buffers around my point features using "miles" distance but the result is not good:
EDIT_VECTOR FILENAME="C:\test\result\output.shp" BUFFER_DIST="0.35" BUFFER_ATTR_UNITS="MILES"

buffer_miles.PNG

If I replace with the equivalent in Meters it works.:
EDIT_VECTOR FILENAME="C:\test\result\output.shp" BUFFER_DIST="482.803" BUFFER_ATTR_UNITS="M" BUFFER_CREATE_RECTS="NO"
Am I missing something here?

buffer_meters.PNG

Also, a few more things:

I noticed that the COPY_ATTR function does not work well neither in the scripting environment, nor in the Desktop version. I want to bring in a column ("IMPORTED") from the Buffered Areas (Polygons) to the points. Regardless of the method I use, it always brings only one value (the first one encountered maybe?) although I specify ATTR_TO_COPY="IMPORTED" ALL. In the desktop software it does not pop-up the question weather I should copy the first value, all or none as it is supposed to. It just brings in one values as you can see below, although the point is overlapped by 3 circle areas:

buffer_copy_attr.PNG

I could not find a valid link for v14 to try out there. Can you please look into this and tell me what I am missing maybe?

Comments