Global Mapper v25.0

Arc Explorer 2.0

daver819
daver819 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2012 in Technical Support
Is there anything about Ver 14 that would interfere with ARC explorer 2.0. I am have trouble getting some maps to open in 2.0

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2012
    Dave,

Not that I can think of, Global Mapper shouldn't do anything to installations of other applications and the only shared libraries that it updates are normal Microsoft system libraries. What type of files are you trying to open? If you uninstall GM14 do they start working in ArcExplorer again?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • daver819
    daver819 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2012
    Trying to Open shp files recently created. ARC Explorer cannot read them. Older files seem OK
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2012
    Are these Shapefiles that Global Mapper created? What type of Shapefiles are they (i.e. area, line, or point)? Also is there a PRJ file? If you delete or rename that does it then work?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • daver819
    edited October 2012
    Area files created by Global Mapper. Seems that AE wants all 3 files to have the same date and time. When I edit the dbf with Open Office I need to re-export with Global Mapper. I use AE because I like the display formats for printing purposes. It is so easy that I have only spent a little time with GM and have not been able to reproduce the format. ESRI does not support AE, but I have had good luck installing it on new computers so far. Thnaks for the help anyway.
  • global_mapper
    edited October 2012
    Wow that is insanity, I can't believe AE would care about the date/time. Or maybe OpenOffice is actually mucking up the DBF file format itself? Can GM load the file back in after OpenOffice changes it?

FYI we are planning on adding some attribute formatting options very soon, hopefully v14.1.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • daver819
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for improving the formats. Yes GM can open the Open Office edited dbf's. If I re-export it, then I can use it with AE. After I answered I thought of that angle too because I have not had problems in the past using excel 2000 or older. I wish Microsoft had not screwed that up. When I use Access as an editor it adds decimal places that I do not want. When I use Access Linked I can make it work, but I am stuck with individual attribute edits. I need to e able to use bulk edits to cut and paste data from Excel. I can make this work. The problem is figuring it out the first time. Thanks for all you do for your users.