Global Mapper v25.0

Combine Viewsheds

katagena
katagena Global Mapper User
edited August 2012 in Technical Support
Hello,
Here is my problem...

I have 4 antennas. So I select them and I run the viewshed tool. That gives my 4 differents layers (one for each antenna). But how can I combine them, so that at the end, I can show where I see:
-1 antenna (color in green)
-2 antennas (color in yellow)
-3 antennas (color in orange)
-4 antennas (color in red)

Thank you for the answer!
Antoine

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2012
    Antoine,

By default the view sheds are filled with a translucent color, so where the view sheds are stacked you get more intense shades of that color. What you can do is create your 4 view sheds, all with the same color, and disable the option to create polygon coverages (or turn off area display in the Configuration dialog). Then in the Control Center turn off everything except for your 4 view shed layers so that you only have your background color and then 4 different shades depending on how many view sheds cover a particular area. Export that to a new file, like a GeoTIFF. Load that file back in, then right-click on it in the Control Center and select to create equal value areas from the colors. This should create separate polygons for the 1, 2, 3, and 4 view shed coverage areas. You can split the new coverage area layer by color attribute value then if you want and then change each layer to be colored with whatever color you want.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • katagena
    katagena Global Mapper User
    edited August 2012
    Hello Mike,

Fine, I try what you said, and it works... But not completly!

I have now four different layers, with different colors... but I don't know which color represents 1, 2 , 3 or 4 viewsheds! With four it's easy to check which one it is... but sometime I have more then 20 viewsheds!?!

An idea?

Thank you very much...
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2012
    What I would suggest is making all of your view sheds white in color and make your view background color black and also make the translucency of each raster layer low, like 5%. Then the higher the RGB values the more layers were stacked there.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com