Global Mapper v25.0

transparent tiles in google maps

tgmueller
tgmueller Global Mapper User
edited March 2008 in Raster Data
Hi folks,

today I purchased Global Mapper and I have to say that this program is awesome. I was able to create a tiled png for a hillshade map: Hillshade (Google Maps Export from Global Mapper)

The original png was transparent in two ways. First the hillshade map was about 50% opaque. Second, the area outside the hillshade area was completely transparent. As you can see only the outside was transparent.

I tried to make area styles transparent but it didn't change anything. Please let me know if anyone knows a good way to do that.

Best Regards,

Tom

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2008
    Tom,

On export from Global Mapper the image results will apply any translucency to create a new image that is either 100% transparent (the outside) or 100% opaque. To make the generated PNG files transparent in Google Maps, edit the generated HTML file and change the line that looks like:

tilelayers[1].getOpacity = function () {return 1.0;}

to something like:

tilelayers[1].getOpacity = function () {return 0.5;}

for 50% translucency, or whatever value that you need.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tgmueller
    tgmueller Global Mapper User
    edited March 2008
    Hey Mike:

Thank you so much. It works great Hillshade (Google Maps Export from Global Mapper)

I love this program. Wow.

Best Regards,

Tom
  • Matt
    Matt Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2008
    Now if we could just get a transparency slider in Google Maps so the user could adjust transparency on the fly.

Matt