Global Mapper v25.0

Issue to download NED 10m data.

FXD
FXD Global Mapper User
edited January 2012 in Technical Support
Hi,

I have been unable to download NED 10m elevation data since last week for various areas in the US. I can access the data manually outside Global Mapper but the result is not as nice and it takes me much more time... Any idea what I might be doing wrong? It used to work perfectly.

Thanks,

FX.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2012
    FX,

What part of the US are you trying? I just tried a random location and it worked fine for me.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • FXD
    FXD Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the answer. I am working on one area in Eastern Wisconsin and one in Eastern TN. GM seems to be trying to access the data for a looong time and after a while Windows says the program is not responding. I had no issue for the same areas a few weeks ago. I am using GM 13 64bit. I will check with my IT administrator if they changed anything. What is weird is that USGS topo maps are not a problem.

FX.
  • FXD
    FXD Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Mike,

I have been doing more testing and USGS ortho are fine too but I get WMS server error when I try Nexrad and NAIP imagery. It says something like: Error getting WMS server capabilities, failed with status code 500. OGCWMSCapabilities.cpp - 779... looks familiar or not at all?

Thanks,

FX.
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2012
    The status code 500 for the NAIP imagery means that there is an internal server error, so it sounds like the USGS providing that imagery is currently having trouble. Try the World Imagery source again as it uses NAIP in the US and see if that works.

Let me know if your IT department finds anything. The 10m NED source lives on www.globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • FXD
    FXD Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Mike,

A colleague who is sitting a few offices down the hall and who is also using GM 13 has no issue to download from the same servers I have problems with. Now I need to figure out if something got corrupted in my GM or if there is something else.

Thanks,

FX.
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2012
    FX,

One thing to try is clearing out your online caches on the File->Download Online Imagery/Data dialog and see if that makes any difference.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
  • FXD
    FXD Global Mapper User
    edited January 2012
    Mike,

That worked! Thank you very much. You definitely are the Guru. :-)

FX.